I Heart Books

Saturday, June 5, 2010

She Walks In Beauty By Siri Mitchell




Clara Carter and Lizzie Barnes are best of friends but when a high profile heir comes into town they are thrust from childhood into a world of dinner parties, dancing, and corsets all in order to find a suitable man for marriage. Lizzie seems to fit well with all the expectations of society while Clara feels out of place. However, the girls soon find themselves competing for the same man.
Mitchell is great with words, she did an excellent job with "She Walks In Beauty." It's as if she had me eating out of the palm of her hand. I enjoyed it so much I found myself literally laughing out loud and grinning like a fool when Harry would make Clara blush or frowning when Clara was being scolded by her aunt, and I noticed that I was receiving some awkward glances from people sitting next to me in the waiting room of a doctors office. I also loved how Clara stepped into the whole debutant scene completely unprepared because it created a connection between me and her. Starting this book I felt the same way she did. I had no idea what to expect. I new nothing about the riches, glamor, and corset wearing of the upper class society of the 1800s. I was glad to see that neither was Clara. I would definitely recommend this book to my family and friends because I fell in love with it! Speaking of love, I guess you could say the ending was a tad predictable but towards the end I kept hoping and praying that Clara would end up with that special someone, find her true love, and prove everyone else wrong!
I was given a copy of this book by Bethany House publishers and I was not required to write a positive review. The book review on here are strictly my honest and personal thoughts and opinions about "She Walks In Beauty." If you would like to become a book reviewer for Bethany House just follow thus link: www.bethanyhouse.com/bookreviewers!

No comments:

Post a Comment