I Heart Books

Friday, June 18, 2010

Beguiled By Deeanne Gist and J.Mark Bertrand


Rylee Monroe is a dog walker for the wealthiest of the wealthiest in Charleston. When a string of her clients get robbed she quickly becomes a prime suspect. After crime reporter, Logan Woods, bids her to tag along through the investigation about the burglaries they realize the two of them have chemistry but will Rylee's troubled childhood block any kind of relationship from forming?
Beguiled has a little bit of action, a touch of drama, and some romance and yet it does not fall into the category of "my favorite books." The character of Rylee Monroe seemed too innocent, her role was rather dry. While on the other hand the character of detective Nate Campbell was well played out-desperate cop struggling with an investigation, overeager to accuse anyone. Nate Campbell's character was so good he actually annoyed me out of my mind. I think the only thing the story was missing was a little spice, because it was an enjoyable read. The ending happened to be the best part of the story, however, I felt the epilogue just dragged it on.
I was given a free copy of this book to review by Bethany House Publishers. If you would like to become a reviewer for Bethany House follow this link: www.bethanyhouse.com/bookreviewers

Jessie D

No comments:

Post a Comment