I Heart Books

Friday, June 18, 2010

Hearts Awakening by Delia Parr


Elvira Kilmer, a 31 year old unmarried woman looking to gain a reference, shows up at the house of Jackson Smith who needs a housekeeper. After the second knock at his door the 28 year old handsome man appears. And after several days of volunteer work Mr. Smith offers a truly unexpected proposition that would definitely change Ellie's life as well as that of Mr. Smith's.
From the beginning of the book I was agitated with Jackson for being so selfish and rude towards Ellie. As the book progressed I learned that it was both of their hearts that were awakening but Ellie seemed to go a little faster than Jackson. The both of them struggled with their faith but Ellie, once again seemed to grasp and see things more clearly than Jackson. The story of Ellie and Jackson took me on an emotional roller coaster ride but I liked where it ended, nearly bringing me to joyful and envious tears. Hearts Awakening is a story about pain, growing, and love. A perfect tale for everyone to enjoy, I know I did! The question that remains is, will each of them let love in?
I was given a free copy of this book by Bethany House Publishers to review.

Jessie D

No comments:

Post a Comment