I Heart Books

Friday, February 5, 2010

For the love of books

Wow, so this is my very first post to my very first blog! I have to admit I'm pretty excited about this! First off I would like to say Hello to all!! lol I am a 20 year old passionista for books from south Texas! I think it's funny how I thought I was starting this here blog to tell my story but I have come to realize my story is still being written. So I figured it is time to start concentrating on the one person who I always seem to place on the back burner, myself. I haven't spoken from the heart in such a long time and it makes me feel as if I haven't been true to myself these past couple of years. I am ready to speak as honestly and as bluntly as I feel about my favorite hobby in this whole entire world. I have an addiction to books. I say addiction, however, I don't want you to correlate the negative connotations associated with the word. There simply is no better way to describe the love I have for books.
Now, I know I have made certain people who are very dear to me rather upset, angry, and extremely disappointed because of the hard choices I have made recently (a story for another time) but like I said before I am making time to think about ME for a change. Reading is what I enjoy doing and being able to express my thoughts about it makes me happy. I'm particularly excited about being able to express all my emotions about a book freely because it can be quite difficult here at home with the people I live with. They just don't have the same passion as I do for a good story. In fact, my younger brother tells me he cannot even bring himself to read a book because he finds it so excruciatingly boring. I cannot comprehend how he can feel this way because even on the days when I am feeling so dark and down a book is my escape, it can take me anywhere I want to go, places I've never been, and I find it much more comforting than the video games that he sits and plays with for hours like some mindless zombie.
Well that is all for now. I will be posting more items very soon and hopefully some book reviews in the near future! Oooh! and I just have to come out and say it: I love Michael Buble and his music! lol

Jessie D

No comments:

Post a Comment