I Heart Books

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hunter's Moon by Don Hoesel


CJ Baxter hasn't been back to Adelia, New York since he left home for college 17 years ago. His grandfather's life that is quickly fading away has brought him back to the place he grew, to the childhood memories he has long since wanted to forget.
The ending of this book reminded me of a little version of a modern day Cain and Abel. However, I have to say that I was disappointed with this novel, it was rather bland for my taste. It brought to mind the image of a huge plate of gorgeous food that you just can't wait to devour only to be disappointed once you taste it only to realize it is flavorless. I guess my high expectations for Hunter's Moon were to high because it definitely did disappoint. I would not recommend this book to anyone I know, its just not worth it.
I was given a complimentary copy of this novel by Bethany House and was not forced in anyway to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment